About Us » Rock Engineering Solutions
Scarptec, Inc. is a rock engineering consulting and design firm based in southeastern Massachusetts. We offer our specialized services to owners, contractors, other consultants, and public entities nationwide and will consider international assignments on a case-by-case basis. Here is what makes Scarptec unique:
1. Demonstrated experience with rock slope remediation and rockfall mitigation techniques – This is a clear differentiator for Scarptec, as many firms don’t have experience with rockslide repair, post-failure mitigation, or emergency slope repairs. This is a critical distinction, and one of the driving motivators for the company’s formation.
2. Ability to complete work in difficult access & remote environments – We employ rock engineering practitioners with rope access certification and experience. The company’s President, Mr. Scarpato, currently holds and maintains Level I Specialty Ropes Access Training Certification through the Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians (SPRAT). In addition, we have project experience in rugged, remote terrain throughout the U.S.
3. A focus on constructable solutions – Scarptec assesses constructability in everything we do. Armed with this emphasis on practical, real-world solutions, our approach aims to reduce the risk of costly change orders and cost overruns. This is a major differentiator, and what makes Scarptec one-of-a-kind.
4. An ability to work within multiple industries & practice areas – Given Mr. Scarpato’s background and technical training in applied geology, civil/geotechnical engineering, and mining engineering, Scarptec is in the unique position of being able to provide services to the mining, civil, and energy industries.
5. A commitment to safety – Safety is paramount in everything we do at Scarptec. A commitment to safety is more than a catch phrase; it is an integral part of our design criteria. We consult with our clients about potential short and long-term safety impacts, and we offer “outside-the-box” solutions to maximize the safety of our clients and their assets.
Scarptec’s founder and President, Mr. David Scarpato, P.E., brings over 15 years of specialized, yet practical rock engineering experience to Scarptec, Inc. Mr. Scarpato benefits the leadership at Scarptec through his education and experience as a geological engineer.
He has graduate degrees in both applied geology and engineering, allowing him to view geologic hazards from both perspectives – as a professional engineer and as a geologist. Over the course of his nationwide career, he has been a technical expert, project manager, and a client leader.
Mr. Scarpato’s resume is available for you to view as a PDF here. A more detailed listing of project experiences and publications can be furnished upon request.